So, have you heard of this Liebster Award that’s been floating around blogs? I hadn’t until I got “nominated” for it. Simple Days making for an Exciting Adventure listed me as one of the 9 blogs she recommended others to check out, which basically meant I got this Liebster Award. It sounded like a chain letter (answer these questions, pass it on to x-number of other bloggers) so I thought I’d do a little Googling. I mainly found other blogs who had received the “award,” but one lady actually did research and figured out more of what this is and the origins of it.
The result of her research? Yeah, it’s a chain letter. There’s no actual award, no judges, no official recognition. It’s really just a way to spread the word about other blogs that you like. It apparently started as a recognition for blogs with 3,000 followers or less, but now it’s down to 200 followers or less. At first, you were supposed to then “nominate” five other blogs, now it’s eleven other blogs. So, I’m going to go with the fluidity of it and adapt it the way I want to adapt it.
I will say that I did feel honored that the author of Simple Days listed Our Montessori Home as one of her nine blogs. She’s not someone I know personally and I honestly have never heard of her blog, so it made me feel really good that she liked my blog enough to tell others they should check it out. Thank you, author of Simple Days! You made me smile!
I debated whether to continue it on or not, but, hey, why not?
The only problem is that I don’t follow many blogs, and the ones I follow are the giant having-a-book-published type. So I just looked through some of my pinterest boards and found a few blogs whose ideas I like. I went with ones that seem to have 400 followers or less. I haven’t fully read any of these blogs, but I at least like one thing they posted!
Here are the “rules” of the award. As I mentioned previously, I’ve adapted some of them. Because I wanted to.
■When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself
■Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
■Pass the award onto 5 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
■You write up 5 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
■You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
Here we go…
1. I pretty much only drink water. That habit started as a teenager when my mom only gave me about $3 per meal when I went on trips with my youth group. I pretty much had money for food or a drink, definitely not both. Food won out, and free water became my staple.
2. Drinking water is the only healthy thing in my diet.
3. I’d be perfectly happy eating only chocolate. Ever.
4. I just glanced over and noticed that Mr. BANG left his entire bread crust sitting on the table after lunch.
5. One of my goals in life is to grow a garden. I’ve made no progress in starting toward that goal.
6. I probably wouldn’t eat the vegetables even if I grew them.
7. I fell asleep at the wheel one time. I totaled my car, but walked away with just some bruises and some airbag burn on my wrists. No other cars were in any of the three lanes around me. I really felt God’s amazing presence through that whole experience.
8. A lady at the police station I went to after my wreck (to wait for my sister to drive across the state and pick me up – I was too young for a rental car) took me out to eat while I was stranded at the police station for hours. It was just Taco Bell, but it was a huge blessing to me!
9. I now coincidentally live in the same county where that wreck happened. I didn’t even realize it until after I moved in and my brother-in-law pointed it out to me. I lived in another state at the time and never thought I’d live in this state at all, much less in that same county!
10. My husband was in a wreck this morning. Thankfully, it was just a fender bender. His car is fine, but the front of the other car apparently got dinged pretty good.
11. I realized today that I start many, many sentences with “so.”
So, do you seriously want to now read answers to 11 questions about me? Wow, this is very me, me, me…
1. What is your favorite thing to write about? I guess child development stuff
2. What is your typical goal for blogging-daily, weekly, monthly? at this point, if I post weekly, I’m doing good!
3. How do you find new blogs to read? recommendations from friends
4. What has been your favorite book you have read in the past year? Boundaries with Kids by Townsend and Cloud
5. How do you find time to blog? put off doing more important things
6. What brought you to blogging? putting off washing dishes
7. Do you still blog for the reason above? haha! Yes! What do you think I’m doing right now?
8. Have you ever received an award? or been recognized for something? um… I was voted Best Personality in high school. Does that count?
9. If yes, for what? answered in #8
10. What are two things that have influenced your adult life? 1) Gateway Community Church gave me a whole new understanding of what church can be. 2) Montessori Institute of Atlanta gave me a new understanding of child development and appropriate expectations for different ages
11. What is your favorite day to celebrate? Saturday – a day for the whole family to be together! (or for the hubby to take the kids while I have a couple hours that I don’t have to act out whatever character role! I’m Captain Hook this week – after he learned to be nice)
Questions for my nominated bloggers:
1. Has there been a teacher/mentor who has been meaningful in your life? In what way?
2. Has there been a special friend who has been meaningful in your life? In what way?
3. Do you have any special projects you’re working on? What are they?
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
5. Are you a refrigerator-covered-with-magnets-and-kid-artwork kind of person or a refrigerator-should-be-clean-and-tidy kind of person?
And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for…
The blogs nominated for the highly coveted Liebster Award are:
Enjoy checking out these blogs!
And please let me know what other small-readership blogs I should be checking out!